YOUR ONLINE RESOURCE FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
Places to Go
- HOME + Search by Day
- Top 20 Places to Take Kids in St. Louis
- Week by Week Guide to Summer Camps
- Indoor play centers
- Birthday Party Locations
- Kid-Friendly Museums
- Kids-eat-free restaurants
- Libraries in our area
- Outside fun - Main page
- Zoos & nature centers
- Fun on the Farm
- Professional sports
- List your organization on KOAA - it's free
Things to Do
- Sign up for our FREE weekly e-newsletter!
- Read our most recent Thursday e-newsletter!
- How to use KidsOutAndabout.com
- Master List of After School/Saturday Classes
- Preschools in the St. Louis area
- Private School list
- Upcoming Open Houses
- Sports / Physical Fitness Centers in STL
- Martial Arts Academies
- Gymnastics Centers
- Tutoring Centers
- Special Needs Resources
- Post your events to our calendar - it's free!
- 12 Days Out and About in STL - Giveaway!!
- Southeast / Florida
- Midwest & Texas
- Mountain states
- West Coast / Nevada
Fete de Glace ... Ice Carving Competition
This ice festival is the perfect family activity. Over a dozen ice carvers fill two blocks of North Main Street in St. Charles, M0. You can watch carvers bring the ephemeral art of ice carving to life with chainsaws, chisels, grinders and knives, as well as hot irons and cold spray. Each carver starts with a single block of ice weighing 260 lbs. and dissects it and reassembles it into wondrous sparkling creations.
There are outdoor fire pits, restaurants serving breakfast or lunch and shops to wander in to help you stay warm. Plan to stay for a few hours so you can watch the sculptures develop from a block of ice.
- Times: From: 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Location: N. Main St.
- Address: 100 N. Main St., Saint Charles, MO 63301