Mosaics - Missouri Festival for the Arts
AgesAll Ages Adults & kids together Adults without kids
This FREE Arts Festival is a family-friendly weekend event, with activities for everyone including fantastic art, great entertainment and the opportunity for children to create their own artwork.
The MOSAICS Missouri Festival for the Arts runs from 4:00 to 9:00 pm on Friday, September 15th; 11:00 am to 9:00 pm on Saturday, September 16th; and 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday, September 17th. The three-day festival includes:
- 100 juried artists from across the state, region and country will exhibit, discuss, and sell artwork. Artists from across the country will be present. Paintings, sculptures, photography, glass, jewelry, metal and woodworking are just a sample of the varied art mediums represented. $5,000 dollars in cash prizes is awarded to participating artists.
- A Performance Stage will showcase a variety of performing artists from across the region offering traditional favorites and eclectic stylings.
- Children’s Village, located on the 400 block of North Main Street in Historic St. Charles, will provide hands-on art experiences for children of all ages. Children will work with adults to create their own unique memento of the Festival. Sponsored by Mercy Kids
- The Art for Youth Gallery will provide children under the age of 18 with the opportunity to purchase professional works of art at a nominal fee. Sponsored by Mercy Kids
- Blank Canvas Studios and Preferred Family Healthcare’s A.R.T.C. Program (Achieving Recovery Through Creativity) are partnering with the MOSAICS for the 2017 Festival event, and these community organizations will participate with artist displays and information booths.
- Mentor Me Exhibition Mentor Me is a program recognizing regional art teachers, students and school districts for their arts programming and the exhibition includes artwork from both students and their teachers. The Governor of Missouri has supported and recognized the Mentor Me program for the past 20 years, and participating students and teachers all receive a Certificate of Participation. The Mentor Me Exhibition is located in the Foundry Art Centre.