Bricks 4 Kidz Robotics and LEGO Building Camps
Bricks 4 Kidz camps are 5 days, 3 hours a day and offered all around town. If you want full day, no problem, enroll in a morning and an afternoon.
BRICKS 4 KIDZ 5 Day CAMP DESCRIPTIONS – 2019
Bricks KIDZ – building camps (all include technic motorized builds) – ages are years old
• (NEW) Brick Space Adventures (ages 4-11): Space Adventures Camp is packed full of models that will make your imagination blast off! Each day, campers will learn about real-life space exploration and build models related to the NASA space program. Bricks 4 Kidz Space Adventure camp provides the spark for imagination and creativity to take off on an adventure that's out of this world!
• (NEW) Brick Characters - Builder (ages 4-11): Join us for a week of building all of your favorite animated characters. We will builds lot of characters from Disney movies, and more – like Minions and Mario Brothers. We will add in fun technic motorized builds to make this camp an all-time favorite.
• (NEW) Everything is Awesome! (ages 4-11): This camp is based on the original LEGO Movie and the new LEGO Movie. Build awesome models like Benny, Double Decker Couch, Emmet, Green Lantern, Lord Business, Mayhem, Metal Beard, Princess Kitty and Vitruvius, and more! Campers play lots of Awesome games and take home a LEGO mini figure and more.
• BRICK City (ages 4-11): Let’s build a CITY! What would a city be without the architects and engineers who come up with the ideas, plans and building skills for cities and make it all come together? Campers will put their engineering and architecture skills to work as they build city themed models using LEGO® Bricks. Campers have a blast using custom-built cars to move the people of the city around town!
• Bat League: Heroes & Villains (ages 4-11): Enter the dark city where dangerous jokester and other evil villains wreak havoc. Thankfully there is a bat hero to fight against these evil doers! The good guys ride into action as campers build motorized models of the bat hero's speedy vehicle and bat girl's sleek Cycle. Send the bat hero swinging on his grappling hook technic model and others.
• Ninjago (ages 4-11): ARE YOU A BRAVE NINJA?? Builders will be transported to a world filled with brave ninja’s, mythical dragons and giant serpents. Build your minifigures and enter the battles! This camp is filled with NINJAGO games and challenges. Campers are allowed to bring Ninjago cards to trade with other campers.
• Super Heroes/ Avengers camp (ages 4-11): Join Bricks 4 Kidz for a week building Super Heroes and Avengers with LEGO® bricks. Create a fantasy world and protect it against all the evil arch enemies with custom contraptions made with LEGO® bricks.
• Galaxy Far Away (Star Wars) ages 4-11: Join us for an adventurous journey through space! Build the Redstone Rocket to blast through the atmosphere into a realm that is truly out of this world. Build lots of motorized Star Wars models for both the Rebel forces and the Dark side. Come experience this stellar journey to a galaxy far away!
• Minecraft BRICKS (grades 1-6): Enjoy a week of building MInecraft characters with LEGO bricks, amateur LEGO robotic motorized builds, and playing the real Minecraft computer game. No experience necessary. Two great things that go great together - Minecraft and LEGO bricks!
• Pokémon - Pocket Brick Monsters (ages 4-11): Get ready for an adventure in the world of Pokémon®! Capture wild Pokémon® creatures and train them for battle. Tap into your inner engineer as we build Dratini, Pikachu, Poké Balls, and more. Show off your skills as you battle for power in your journey through the Pokémon® universe. Do you have what it takes to become a Pokémon® Master?
Robotics/Gaming/Coding KIDZ – ADDITIONAL camps – aged by grades
• Advanced Robotics (LEGO® Mindstorms grades 2-6): Ignite student engagement and energize learning through real-life problem solving. Boost learning curves with LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 hands-on, minds-on approach! Students work in pairs and start by building a rover bot. Then they add sensors and learn how to program the robots using LEGO Mindstorms software. Advanced students may use the LEGO Mindstorms Robotics to create their own creation.
• Jr Robotics (grades 1-6) – LEGO WeDo: How would you like to turn your next LEGO® creation into a robot, programmed to do exactly what you tell it to do? Join us for this high energy and fun robotic engineering camp where campers will build a new robot each day while learning programming on powerful software including LEGO® WeDo and Scratch programming platforms. This is a great camp to introduce students to the world of programming.
• Minecraft Gaming (grades 1-6): This is a week of all Minecraft play on laptop computers. We will start with Creative and Survival Modes – beginners will learn how to play and advanced players will work on challenges. Then we will learn about redstone and traps, The End and The Nether, and touch on Mods. You are always welcome to bring your tablet if you would like to stick with tablet play.
• Coding (grades 1-6): The ability to code is a key component of technology education today. Our coding program will teach students important strategies to enhance their logic and problem-solving skills, as well as help them work toward becoming technological innovators of tomorrow. Our program offers a skill level progression of coding concepts. Students will be introduced to basic coding with a fun, user-friendly coding software.
• (NEW) Video Game Design (grades 1-6): Students will develop a range of coding and problem-solving skills as they create fun video games. Game designers will think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively to create various video games. Each Game Design unit includes a themed mini-model built with LEGO® Bricks that will be the main character of all of the games. Each game progressively teaches more advanced capabilities within the video game design software