Chesterfield Earth Day Festival
Participants can enjoy visiting with informational exhibitors and vendors selling upcycled and recycled art and craft items and nearly anything that can be recycled will be collected at the drive-thru recycling area on the parking lot in front of Sears. Most items are free of charge, but certain fees may apply to TVs. Items that are not accepted include thermostats, smoke detectors and alkaline batteries.
The popular recycling drive-thru takes place on the Sears parking lot from 9:00 am to Noon. Limited capacity exists for most vendors, so first-come/first-served. The following items are being accepted:
- Bicycles (St. Louis Bicycle Works)
- The Citizens Alliance for Positive Youth (CAPY) and the Chesterfield Police Department will be collecting prescription and over-the-counter medications, ointments and patches. No inhalers or 'sticks'.
- Cardboard (Republic Services)
- Electronics, TVs, computers, and small appliances (MRC) *Fees for some TVs apply.
- ID theft is the largest crime in the United States. One way to protect yourself is to properly dispose all of your data bearing devices i.e. computers, printers, cellphones.
** This also applies to business owners and their equipment
- All equipment that is gathered will undergo complete data destruction as we are required to perform this service per our R2 Certification
- It is actually illegal to dispose of electronic waste through traditional disposal methods as e-waste contains numerous toxins that leach into the earth
- Proper disposal reduces environmental damage and enables reuse, re-purpose & recycle opportunities which optimizes end of life use for the best.
- Its a great thing to do for the community and the earth as MRC complies to 0% Landfill use
- Used clothing, linens, and paired shoes (Remains, Inc.)
- Buttons, beads, board games, and children’s books (St. Louis Teacher’s Recycle Center)
- Fabric and sewing machines (TheSharity.Org)
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications (Chesterfield Police Dept. and CAPY)
- Documents for offsite shredding by Pedro's Planet. *Note - documents will NOT be shredded on-site. Five-box limit for drop off.
Will not accept paint or chemicals.
For more information on the event, call 636.812.9500.