The Write Stuff Contest
How to enter:
Write one story, including the line: "What was that noise?"
Complete the online entry form with your original story attached between March 1 and March 31, 2018.
You will be asked to include:
- Current SLCL card number
- Library Branch
- Parent/guardian name
Official Rules and Guidelines
- Students in grades 3-12 are encouraged to enter.
- Entrant must have a SLCL card.
- Limit one submission per person.
- Limit one author per submission. No collaborations.
- Write one story, including the line: “What was that noise?”
- Entry can be funny, serious, etc. Judging will be based on originality, story flow/continuity and mechanical elements (grammar, punctuation, spelling).
- Story must be between 250-500 words long for grades 3-8 and between 500-1000 words long for grades 9-12 (title does not count).
- Please attach entry as a “.doc” or “.rtf” file.
- Each entry must be typed and double-spaced (no fancy fonts please).
- Do not write your name or place any other identifying marks on the story pages.
- Entries must be received between Thursday, March 1 and Saturday, March 31, 2018
- Winners will be chosen in three categories: Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, and Grades 9-12.
- Winners will be notified by Friday, April 20 and posted at www.slcl.org within a week.
- First place entries will be posted in their entirety at www.slcl.org.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Visa gift cards will be given for 1st ($50) and 2nd ($25) place in each category.