The Affton Chamber of Commerce is governed by an active Board of eighteen directors. The directors are active business and community leaders who are working toward the betterment of our area. The Chamber continues to grow stronger each month. At present, we have over 300 members. These members are not just numbers, but they are the positive forces of our community's economic well-being. This membership is our united voice in the civic, social, education, and business sectors of the Affton area. Interested in becoming a member? Find out more here.
Need some questions answered? Maybe the answer is here or here.
Check out our Commercial Properties page for available property and our Job Opportunities page for job openings at Chamber Member businesses. We contracted for a Commercial Database to be developed of all commercial property in 63123, so we can work in conjunction with the St. Louis County Economic Council in attracting businesses to the Affton area (63123); It was updated in 2004 and again in 2007. A link to the LocationOne web site for our available properties is on our web site. With a grant from the Port of Authority, we have hired someone to keep the site updated and to contact businesses the residents tell us they would like to see in Affton. If you know of someone looking for a great community where they can start their business, tell them about the web site and the LocationOne web site. Email their name and information to the Chamber and we will also contact them.
We work behind the scenes supporting many different events with donations.
- One of those events is the Helping Hands Program we began in 1998. Each holiday season we obtain the names of families who had some bad luck in the past year, from our member churches and schools, & we give them a helping hand with gift certificates for area grocery stores and discount stores. This program has become so popular with members and residents that many times members & residents adopt a family and provide most items on their Wish List.
- We also support the local high school's Graduation Lock In parties, and Affton Community Days funds several scholarship programs. In 2007 we sponsored a table of local students at the Missouri Chamber of Commerce St. Louis High School Symposium, an ethics seminar for students, and in 2008 we sponsored a table of students at the entrepreneurship seminar. We have also sponsored a student for the Missouri Chamber’s Leadership in Practice workshop.
ANNUAL EVENTS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Annual Auction and Awards Dinner (Jan.)
- Mouse Races (Feb.) NEW IN 2014
- Exceptional Educator's Recognition Dinner (Mar.)
- Affton Community & Business Expo (Mar.)
- Spring Barbeque (May)
- Golf Tournament (Jun.)
- Golf at Night (Aug.)
- Affton Community Days Parade and Festival (Sept.)
- Trivia Night (Nov.)
- Old Newsboys Day (Nov.)
The Affton Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary working partnership of business, industrial and professional people who recognize the wisdom of coordinating their efforts for the Affton community betterment.
We are organized to promote the economic growth and development of our area for the benefit of all our citizens. Chamber members believe that service to the community is part of their responsibility as good citizens and good neighbors. By participating in the activities of the chamber, all of us, residents and business people alike, can continually make our area a better place to live and do business.